« Little January Ice StormWooThemes: Customizing for a Network Install »
Looking for something in particular?
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Lessons from odd placesI know I have a problem — I like to play versions of Angry Birds, Candy Crush and Words with Friends. I can get absorbed. I can use it to back off from the world (I’m a bit of an introvert and sometimes I do need to retreat). That said, there are lessons to be […]
- ConnectionsToday’s “aha!”comes from a January reflection from CAC …One of the most familiar of Jesus’ teachings is “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Mark 12:31, Matthew 22:39). But we almost always hear that wrong: “Love your neighbor as much as yourself.” (And of course, the next logical question then becomes, “But I have to love me first, don’t […]
- The Comma: Being and DoingI read the numbers and understand that so many of my generation, and even more of those who follow behind, no longer attend church or ascribe to a particular faith. I, myself, while still attending mass on a regular basis, find that I feel estranged in many ways from “church.” It’s not estranged from God/Jesus/Spirit, […]
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 15 November 15, 2016Ask God to give us the true spirit of mercy, which is the characteristic spirit of God.
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 8 November 8, 2016Let’s pray to Him, but let’s do it with great confidence, and be assured that, in His great mercy, He’ll grant it to us in the end.
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 1 November 1, 2016In His compassion and mercy, He supplies for our defects.