Looking for something in particular?
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Expanding the Social CircleWe got brave: my daughter and her family needed to vacate because their house is on market and there were several showings. They brought the kids’ bikes and skates and legos, and the son-in-law’s golf clubs (his parents live very close by). We spent hours on the back porch just being and talking. Kev played […]
- Bread of Life (part 2)Yesterday I found myself reflecting on making sourdough bread in this time of isolation and uncertainty. Looking at the mechanics of the process and the experience leads to a different way of reflecting on life. Making bread, especially the long slow process of sourdough, is a journey. I daresay a spiritual journey if you will […]
- Bread of Life – SourdoughI have taken this time of isolation as a chance to revive an old practice: breadmaking. My oldest child (who is an impossible 41 years old) was in kindergarten before he knew that bread could come from the grocery store. Back then my best friend (also next door neighbor) and I had a system whereby […]
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 15 November 15, 2016Ask God to give us the true spirit of mercy, which is the characteristic spirit of God.
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 8 November 8, 2016Let’s pray to Him, but let’s do it with great confidence, and be assured that, in His great mercy, He’ll grant it to us in the end.
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 1 November 1, 2016In His compassion and mercy, He supplies for our defects.