The clan convened at Marie’s house for Thanksgiving this year. The Day included 4 generations (from my mother down to my grandchildren, and a couple of grand-dogs). The day after, while David went hunting with Kevin, we took the girls to the park. The sky was gray, but the faces were shiny and happy to be playing outdoors.
Looking for something in particular?
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Lessons from odd placesI know I have a problem — I like to play versions of Angry Birds, Candy Crush and Words with Friends. I can get absorbed. I can use it to back off from the world (I’m a bit of an introvert and sometimes I do need to retreat). That said, there are lessons to be […]
- ConnectionsToday’s “aha!”comes from a January reflection from CAC …One of the most familiar of Jesus’ teachings is “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Mark 12:31, Matthew 22:39). But we almost always hear that wrong: “Love your neighbor as much as yourself.” (And of course, the next logical question then becomes, “But I have to love me first, don’t […]
- The Comma: Being and DoingI read the numbers and understand that so many of my generation, and even more of those who follow behind, no longer attend church or ascribe to a particular faith. I, myself, while still attending mass on a regular basis, find that I feel estranged in many ways from “church.” It’s not estranged from God/Jesus/Spirit, […]
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 15 November 15, 2016Ask God to give us the true spirit of mercy, which is the characteristic spirit of God.
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 8 November 8, 2016Let’s pray to Him, but let’s do it with great confidence, and be assured that, in His great mercy, He’ll grant it to us in the end.
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 1 November 1, 2016In His compassion and mercy, He supplies for our defects.