The clan convened at Marie’s house for Thanksgiving this year. The Day included 4 generations (from my mother down to my grandchildren, and a couple of grand-dogs). The day after, while David went hunting with Kevin, we took the girls to the park. The sky was gray, but the faces were shiny and happy to be playing outdoors.
Looking for something in particular?
- Being (as opposed to Doing)All this social distancing and its associated “quarantine” way of life offers, no, it demands, some serious reflection on how things are. It gives a space to learn what it is to Be instead of just to Do. In that space, I can hope to learn that I cannot possess God/Eucharist/Christ/a good prayer life/love/peace/mass… What […]
- Two edged swordA time be born, a time to die… When my brother in law died nearly 3 years ago, I sang those words at his memorial service. “To everything,[turn, turn, turn] there is a season [turn, turn, turn] and a time to every purpose under heaven.” Today as we were out running errands, the Byrds sang […]
- Expanding the Social CircleWe got brave: my daughter and her family needed to vacate because their house is on market and there were several showings. They brought the kids’ bikes and skates and legos, and the son-in-law’s golf clubs (his parents live very close by). We spent hours on the back porch just being and talking. Kev played […]
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 15 November 15, 2016Ask God to give us the true spirit of mercy, which is the characteristic spirit of God.
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 8 November 8, 2016Let’s pray to Him, but let’s do it with great confidence, and be assured that, in His great mercy, He’ll grant it to us in the end.
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 1 November 1, 2016In His compassion and mercy, He supplies for our defects.