I’m not sure I need all this connectedness, but some folks are really into this stuff, so I’ll learn to use it.
Looking for something in particular?
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Being (as opposed to Doing)All this social distancing and its associated “quarantine” way of life offers, no, it demands, some serious reflection on how things are. It gives a space to learn what it is to Be instead of just to Do. In that space, I can hope to learn that I cannot possess God/Eucharist/Christ/a good prayer life/love/peace/mass… What […]
- Two edged swordA time be born, a time to die… When my brother in law died nearly 3 years ago, I sang those words at his memorial service. “To everything,[turn, turn, turn] there is a season [turn, turn, turn] and a time to every purpose under heaven.” Today as we were out running errands, the Byrds sang […]
- Expanding the Social CircleWe got brave: my daughter and her family needed to vacate because their house is on market and there were several showings. They brought the kids’ bikes and skates and legos, and the son-in-law’s golf clubs (his parents live very close by). We spent hours on the back porch just being and talking. Kev played […]
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 15 November 15, 2016Ask God to give us the true spirit of mercy, which is the characteristic spirit of God.
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 8 November 8, 2016Let’s pray to Him, but let’s do it with great confidence, and be assured that, in His great mercy, He’ll grant it to us in the end.
- Year of Mercy for Vincentians – Nov. 1 November 1, 2016In His compassion and mercy, He supplies for our defects.